Terms of Service
As an organization choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefitting partner in Giving is Gorges requires that you agree with the following Terms of Service which sets forth the services and duties provided by Giving is Gorges and roles and responsibilities of all participants.
1. I confirm that my organization is or is being fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)3 and will provide our EIN number, contact info, and a representative’s information for verification.
2. I understand that my organization will receive all the monies that have been donated to my organization via check paid by United Way of Tompkins County.
3. I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process all contributions made to the event.
4. I understand that all donations will be disbursed by July 30 by check from United Way of Tompkins County to the mailing address included in my registration.
5. I understand to receive donations it is my organization's responsibility to provide proof of 501c3 status and compliance with the Patriot Act to UWTC no later than June 15 in order to participate.
6. I understand that my landing page will not be available until #5 above is met, and after met will be available within five (5) business days.
7. I understand that any recurring donations initiated during Giving is Gorges will continue to process according to the schedule that the donor chose, outside of Giving is Gorges, and will be subject to those donations being collected and minus any additional transaction fees incurred by Giving is Gorges
8. I understand that any donations processed outside of Giving is Gorges donation period through GiveGab.com, that are not recurring donations initiated during Giving is Gorges, are subject to transaction fees specific to the GiveGab plan purchased by UWTC.
9. I understand that in the event of a disputed donation UWTC will make every effort to win the dispute by submitting evidence on my organization's behalf. In the case that a dispute is lost, the full amount of the disputed donation and donation processing fees will be pulled from my organization’s future payouts from UWTC, plus a dispute fee of $15.
10. I understand that refunds for donations made on GiveGab must be approved by UWTC and requested from said donor within 4 business days of the original date of the donation. In such cases, the donation will be deemed uncollectable and not passed along by UWTC to my organization.
11. I understand that as the administrator of my organization's profile on GiveGab, it is my responsibility to grant (authorize) and revoke (unauthorize) administrative capabilities to other individuals within my organization. I understand that I can choose to allow them full administrative privileges or restrict their ability to view donor data within our organization. I understand that GiveGab and UWTC will not disclose information about my organization to individual users unless those users are administrative users with appropriate permissions.
12. I confirm that my organization serves or has headquarters in Tompkins County and the surrounding area.
13. I understand that my organization is encouraged to focus the majority of its overall marketing efforts in the days immediately leading up to Giving is Gorges to the campaign to create a sense of community-wide excitement among donors, volunteers, media partners, and fellow nonprofits.
14. I understand that Giving is Gorges is not responsible for the amount of money contributed to my organization over the course of the event and understand that donors choose where to place their gifts and that Giving is Gorges has no control of this process.
15. I confirm that my organization has a website or Facebook page and that we will add the Giving is Gorges link to one or both, including the UWTC logo and the language: “Brought to the community and its nonprofits by United Way of Tompkins County.”
16. I understand that my organization's staff, board of directors, and volunteers should promote Giving is Gorges over the course of the event using social media and including recognition of UWTC.
17. I understand that only donations made through the Giving is Gorges portal will count towards the payout received by my organization from UWTC and there are no prizes nor incentives offered as part of the event.
18. I understand that if asked to participate in any interviews with newspapers, tv or radio that I recognize and name United Way of Tompkins County as the host of this event as a service to our community and all nonprofits participating in Giving is Gorges.